Thursday, July 26, 2007

Pennies from Heaven...

"It's raining, it's pouring..." We haven't had rain in over 3 months and yesterday it rained most of the day. As I splashed through my day I watched others grumble, though because they hadn't expected it - or horror of horrors they got wet. But of course I was thrilled, well me and my garden were! I felt like I was walking on air in my excitement, and like a kid splashed through every puddle I came across. I even offered my umbrella to many who needed a bit of a covering from the rain in my meanderings down our main street.

"Perfect" weather may seem perfect but it always takes something from the world. We all need a bit of rain in our lives to keep the balance. Watching Gene Kelly dance in the rain can be completely understandable. Rejoicing in that gift from the clouds does make some of us just a bit exuberant!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh. Chris, I've only read this one but will read the rest asap. This is really great. Aunt Charlotte