Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Life in the Fast Lane


Life here has become brighter, if not warmer. We've had temps in the high 30s, but the sun has shown spectacularly! Sun is something that we got little of this winter which is really hard for some people. I simply appreciate that golden orb in the spring because it means a new season.

So what is it about the seasons that I like? Everything! Each has a beauty all their own and like people, they have nuances within their personalities that aren't all beauty. In our world today there is no part for the things that:

1. slow us down
and irritate our schedules.

The world isn't geared for interruptions like a little 'ole snow storm. Where in our drive to succeed and control our personal world did we loose the joy that comes from slowing down and marveling in the natural world? Yea, I know I'm ranting, but I wish I knew how to share the gift of seeing the natural around us instead of a seeing nothing but a huge and continuous hindrance to our way of life.

No comments: