Thursday, April 3, 2008

Where the Wild Things Are...

I had the shock of my life when I came out my back door with my dog, Foxy this afternoon...I saw something I never thought I would see in my small yard on five lanes of fast - a rather large wild turkey standing at least four feet tall! It had to be at least a 25 to 30 lbs!!

My sharpei/German shepherd mix dog which is a mid-sized dog at first dove after the bird - that is until she saw how big it was! She quickly ran behind me but the turkey had been spooked by then and took to the sky flying over the tops of our neighbors and another house as well. I never knew they could fly like that! After my close encounter with a wild turkey, I was still in awe as it disappeared.

All I could say was, wow."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Pen Drive, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://pen-drive-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.