Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Gray is The Color of My True Love's Hair...Now!

Ah, the joys of getting older. No I don't mean getting old, after all I may be gray but I'm not old! I suppose I could color my silver locks, but at least now where I am in my life I am perfectly happy with these gleaming silver locks.

Though gray is on that come-back trail, it is still unusual to see in women my age. I think that is a shame since when I was young the women who had silver or gray hair naturally were in my opinion the most beautiful, and the most comfortable with who they were. That's what is so frustrating about our youth centered society for me. We miss so much of that wisdom that comes with the white hair if we spend time being "young." Besides, I wouldn't go back to my younger years for anything! Even with all the age related junk, the lack of worry and normat teenage angst is a wonderful thing.

No comments: