Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Life of Roses

Tonight, Charlie Rose spoke with Eli Wieselon PBS.  The pain, even after all these years from losing his much beloved father in Buchenwald Concentration Camp is still so evident.  I've read a few of his books, and his honesty dances across the pages.   Those words - his words can make me cry when I read them.  

It seems  that reading those many words is not enough to understand the whole of the Holocaust, but his few words can march through your heart and leave such big impressions!  Who we are in this world must be learned from the wise people of this world.  Some of the lessons are painful, but they can in the end give so many blossoms that open the heart into some of the most beautiful roses of life.

1 comment:

celticmusicfan said...

This is beautiful. I think we have to keep in mind the lessons of the Holocaust. My best wishes to those who survived to tell the story and help stop this evil that takes so many forms.